Saturday, January 20, 2007

Albert Platt's Birth Registry

Margaret Platts married Charles Scheel (see previous posts), and in one of the quirks of genealogy, I am able to trace her line (the Platts side) back to 1841. Because it is so rare to be able to trace back four generations at a shot, I will be taking the opportunity to do so.
.
I will be starting with this post on her father's birth, then moving back via family who's who until her great-grandfather in 1841 in England. I will then move forward with the Census and Directory informaiton that I have until 1930 (last US Census released), ending with Margaret & Charles' family on that census.
.


Albert's Birth Registry is on the center bottom, left side. Translation:
.
Header:
Page #216
SCHEDULE 'A' - BIRTHS
Registration District of Wellington
Division of Guelph
.
Birth Registry:
No. 119 (stamped 024120)
When Born: 16th June 1873
Name: Albert John Platts
Sex: M
Name and Surname of Father: John Platts
Name and Surname of Mother: Sarah Redfern
Rank or Profession of Father: Machinist
Signature of Informant: Sarah Platts
When Registered: 24 July 1873
Name of Accoucher: Dr. McGuire
Signature of Registrar: Geo. Harry?
[No comments written]
.
Footer of Page:
I hereby certify the foregoing to be true and correct entries of all Births returned to me for the (1/2) year ending July 15, 1873
Given under my hand, this 28th day of July, AD 1873
John Harvey, Division Registrar of Guelph

1 comment:

papardp said...

I am not sure if this is still an active blog (I hope it is).
I have following some of the Platts family history and I have found most of my family came from around Cole-Orton in the Leichestershire area of England.
My Great Great Grandfather John L. Platts was born in Cole-Orton and left there in 1854 to move to the Salt Lake Valley in Utah. He was a stone mason and built a house there which is still standing to this day. It is on the National Historic Registery.
I would certainly like to learn more if you have any additional information.
You can learn more about John L. Platts at plattsfamily.org and contact me at rplatts@aol.com
Again thank you for your post.
Robert Platts
Estacada OR USA